Kindly take note of the competition rules that are applicable to stand a chance to win a cash prize of R5,000.00 (“the prize”) when you submit a CCTV footage that meets the requirements as below-mentioned, to help us make our intelligent system smarter and South Africa safer (“the Competition”)!
The Competition will be conducted by Surion (Pty) Limited, Reg. No.: 2018/097974/07 (“the Promoter”), and these Competition rules together with any official competition communication will govern the terms and conditions of the Competitions.
By your participation in the Competitions, you agree to be bound by the terms and condition of this Competition. The Competition rules can only be modified or superseded by the Promoter (in its reasonable discretion) through a written revision of these rules posted on the Promoter’s website, which can be found on this page or any other official communication method that the Promoter deems reasonably suitable to reach the majority of the Competition participants.
How to enter the Competition?
- The Competition will run from 13 July 2020 until 31 August 2020 (“closing date”), or until such later date as the Promoter may indicate in order for it to reach 5000 (five thousand) entries to proceed with the draw of the prize. No late entries will be accepted, unless the Promoter has extended the closing date.
- To enter the Competition, participants must add Surion as a WhatsApp contact using this number +27 10 900 3917 and send the CCTV footage, of which they are the legal owners, which needs to be at least 10 seconds long via WhatsApp Web.
- The participant must in addition, follow the Promoter on https://www.facebook.com/Surion.io or https://www.linkedin.com/company/7133251 or https://www.instagram.com/surion.io/ For additional entries the participant can share the Competition post and tag at least 3 friends in the comments.
- Multiple entries are permitted. Each CCTV footage submission will count as a single entry. Entries will however be limited to 3 (three) entries for the same camera view.
- The winner will be selected randomly via a certified method of selection, using a computer process that produces verifiable random results.
- No responsibility will be accepted for network, computer or software failures of any kind or for lost, delayed or misdirected entries.
- Entries that will be reflected on the Promoter’s records will be treated as the only validation source and will be the only evidence necessary of successful entries.
Who can participate?
- The Competition is only open to legal residents of the Republic of South Africa, who are 18 years or older.
- The Competition is also only open to the legal owners of the CCTV footage, and any copyright that may vest therein.
- The Competition is conducted by the Promoter for the aforementioned purpose.
- No person who is a director, member, partner, employee or agent of, or consultant to, the Promoter is eligible to participate in this Competition, and should they do so, they would be immediately disqualified as a result thereof.
- The prize is a cash prize of R5,000.00 (five thousand rand only), payable within 28 days of the closing date directly into the winner’s South African bank account by means of an EFT.
- The winner will be notified by email and/or direct message on social media within 28 days of the closing date. If the winner cannot be contacted or does not claim the prize within 14 days of notification, the Promoter will deem such prize as forfeited and reserves the right to draw again.
- The prize is not transferable.
- The Promoter will not be held responsible/liable in the event that the winner erroneously provides incorrect details/bank account details and the prize does not reach the winner as a result. The process will be overseen by our accountant Nardus Venter of SME.TAX.
- By entering this competition, a participant is indicating his/her agreement for the Promoter to collect their contact details, to be contacted by the Promoter and to be subscribed to its newsletter.
- No purchase is necessary to enter this competition. However, any and all copyright that may be/is vested in each entry, namely in the CCTV footage, received from the participants is hereby assigned, ceded, transferred or made over to the Promoter, who accepts such, at no consideration. The Promoter reserves the right to use any of the CCTV footage in a way that it deems fit and in the spirit of advancing its intelligent system software.
- Participants and winner(s) absolve the Promoter and any of its affiliates from liability from any and all claims howsoever arising, including from wilful misconduct or negligent acts or omissions on the part of any such party.
- The Promoter reserves the right to alter or cancel the Competition at its discretion, without recourse.
- The participant unconditionally and irrevocably indemnifies and holds harmless the Promoter and its affiliates against all and any losses, claims, proceedings, actions, damages, (direct, consequential or otherwise), liability, demands, expenses, legal costs (on an attorney and own client basis), medical costs or other costs howsoever arising out of, based upon, or in connection with (directly or indirectly) the participants participation in the Competition, to the maximum extent permitted by law.
- If a participant contravenes these rules, the participant may, in Promoter’s discretion, be disqualified from the Competition.
- The winner draw is final and no correspondence will be entered into in relation thereto.
- Any income taxes relating to the prize are the sole responsibility of the prize winner.
- The laws of the Republic of South Africa govern this Competition and these Competition Rules.